Hair loss and depilation: causes, symptoms and treatment

Alopecia is typically thought of as an area of ​​elderly men, but this equal opportunity condition with many causes will virtually affect everyone.

About 100 hairs are harvested daily as part of the normal hair growth cycle, but excessive loss is usually painful. According to the American Hair Loss Association, more than $ 3.5 billion is spent every year.

Symptoms and causes
Most people’s hair grows about 0.5 inch a month, about 90% of your hair grows active at any time, the remaining 10% are in a dormant phase. After two to three months, this dormant hair falls off and when the other follicles enter the dormancy phase, the hair follicles begin to grow new hair.

Shedding hair is different from hair removal, hair does not fall out and grow. Hair often comes out when there is a lot of stress, such as childbirth, divorce, divorce, sorrow.

Mr. Doris Day, a certified dermatologist in New York City, a doctor at Lennox Hill Hospital, said, “It is still feeling sick and has hair and has reached a certain length.” Even in New York. “So, I feel like hair loss, but not hair removal.

Alopecia is a medical term of depilation, not only to occur on the scalp. According to the Cleveland Clinic, some diseases and medications may cause systemic hair loss.

Apart from hereditary, prominent depilation may be caused by a wide range of factors including:

Strict hairstyles and treatments: If you pull your hair to a tight style such as a hair style that consistently uses rubber bands, rollers, valetta, or cones, you may leave inflammation or scarring in the hair follicles. Chemicals such as dyes, bleaching agents, correcting agents, permanent waves and the like may be used by mistake. Depending on the degree of damage, hair loss may eventually become permanent.

Hormonal Imbalance: In women, hormonal shifts from contraceptives, pregnancy, childbirth, menopause or hysterectomy may trigger more hair follicles than normal to enter dormancy.

Illness and surgery: Due to illness and surgical stress, essential work such as hair production may be temporarily discontinued. Certain conditions such as thyroid disease, syphilis, iron deficiency, lupus or severe infections can also cause it. The autoimmune condition called alopecia areata is not healed, causing rapid hair loss throughout the body.

Drugs and Vitamins: Cancer chemotherapy is a well-known reason for hair loss attacking hair follicles in an attempt to kill all rapidly growing cells around the body. Side effects of other drugs include alopecia, such as those treating hypertension and gout (painful joint diseases caused by the accumulation of uric acid). Excessive levels of vitamin A also contribute.

Malnutrition: eating disorders such as severe diet, hyperphagia and anorexia may temporarily slow the growth of the hair follicles to stop growth. This can also occur due to insufficient protein, vitamins or mineral ingestion.

Aging: The natural effect of aging, hair growth slows down.

Women usually do not become bald completely, but there are no hair on the head and the top of the temple. Men tend to lose their hair at a temple and are more likely to be exaggerated than women.

Diagnosis
A dermatologist examined the human scalp and stated the history of medical and stress events “to see what is going on in life and the world”.

A dermatologist can do a biopsy which is a small patch of skin, including hair follicles, and send it to a pathologist to determine if an autoimmune disease such as lupus is the cause of hair loss.

You can also judge whether there are bacterial or fungal infections by examining hair or follicles.

Treatment and medication
Hair removal therapy ranges from mild to extreme, from cheap to expensive. It depends on how much hair is gone, how to hide it, or how high it is to replace it.

Author: admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *